CSC Notes 12/5
Posted: Feb 05, 2018
- Rebecca Lane – Lead Teacher
- Blaire Baldwin – Lead Teacher
- Marisol Wharemate – Teacher
- Gaby Medina – Community Member
- Maria Pena – Parent
- Karimme Quintana – Parent
- Marielena Aceves – Parent
- Current Budget State: About $50,000 to spend by end of SY 2017-2018
- Current Staffing Needs: 4th /5th Grade — We see greatest need is to add a 1.0 Teacher
- 4/5 Classroom has 1.0 FTE + 1.0 Student Teacher. Interventionist currently teaching 4th grade literacy
- Student teacher currently teaching 5th grade math
- At semester, 4/5 Classroom will be short one adult to teach about half of curriculum.
Need to fill 1.0 Paraprofessional for general instructional use
- State cut 1.0 Paraprofessional funding from Ecare
- $33,800 Teacher (November 2017-June 2018)
- $16,000 Paraprofessional (November 2017-June 2018)
CSC (with staff input) Recommendations:
- Post 0.5 Teacher (12pm-4pm hours) – To supplement 5th Math & 5th Science
- 1.0 Paraprofessional (8am-4pm) – To prioritize 2nd and 3rd grade who currently receive minimal para support.
- If personnel committee struggles to fill a 0.5 FTE candidate, we will change the teaching position to 1.0 FTE and remove the 1.0 FTE Paraprofessional position. If the teaching position changes to 1.0, this teacher will also aim to prioritize 2nd and 3rd grade.
- MSLA will post for 0.5 Math/Science teacher (position title pending) + 1.0 Paraprofessional