MSLA Hours | 8:00 am -2:55 pm
Collaborative School Committee
In DPS, most schools have a Collaborative School Committee (CSC) to enhance student achievement, parent engagement and positive school culture through collaboration. The CSC generally includes the following representatives:
- What is a Collaborative School Committee?
The Collaborative School Committee (CSC) brings together families, staff and community members to create and implement a plan to promote high achievement within a school. This committee meets on a regular basis throughout the school year and is an opportunity for key stakeholders to have a voice in their school. Colorado law requires all schools to have a CSC to increase the amount of accountability and family involvement in our schools.
- What is this group responsible for doing?
This group works with school leaders to provide feedback on important school decisions. These decisions may include ways to improve academic performance, budgets, and the school’s program.
En DPS, la mayoría de las escuelas tienen un Comité Escolar de Colaboración (CSC) para mejorar el rendimiento estudiantil, el compromiso de los padres y la cultura escolar positiva a través de la colaboración. El CSC generalmente incluye los siguientes representantes:
- ¿Qué es un Comité Escolar de Colaboración?
El Comité Escolar de Colaboración (CSC) reúne a las familias, el personal y los miembros de la comunidad para crear e implementar un plan para promover el alto rendimiento dentro de una escuela. Este comité se reúne regularmente durante el año escolar y es una oportunidad para que las partes interesadas clave tengan voz en su escuela. La ley de Colorado requiere que todas las escuelas tengan un CSC para aumentar la cantidad de responsabilidad y la participación familiar en nuestras escuelas.
- ¿De qué es responsable este grupo?
Este grupo trabaja con los líderes de la escuela para proporcionar comentarios sobre decisiones escolares importantes. Estas decisiones pueden incluir formas de mejorar el rendimiento académico, los presupuestos y el programa de la escuela.
11/16 Meeting Notes: csc-1116
- To purchase meals online, visit: MyLunchMoney.com
- Monthly menus are posted on the DPS Website: Food & Nutrition Services
Optional Bus Transportation
Pick-up and Drop-off to/from MSLA is available at Barnum, Godsman, Goldrick, Monroe, CMS.
The decision to keep schools open or to close them during winter weather conditions is not a simple one, but it is made with one overriding factor in mind: the well-being of our students, their families, and staff. DPS Transportation has made preparations to ensure buses are running and students arrive safely to school. Our drivers participate in a comprehensive training program that includes preparation for driving in inclement weather and adverse conditions like wintry weather.
Information about school closures is announced through the following media outlets:
- The Communications Office will immediately notify local television and radio stations, which will broadcast regular announcements of school closures. You can also visit theDenverChannel.com,9News.com, KDVR.com and denver.cbslocal.com. Notifications in Spanish will be made on radio newscasts on 1150 AM, 1280 AM and 1090 AM.
- Emergency school closures will be posted on the district’s homepage immediately.
- Announcements to close or delay school will also be posted to the district‘s Facebook and Twitter pages.
- A message denoting the closure will also be left on the school district’s closure hotline at 720.423.3200
Important Information for Parents http://www.dpsk12.org/parents/
- Enroll & Register: List of Schools, how to locate Your Neighborhood Schools, Transportation, Important Phone Numbers.
- District Resources: DPS Parent Guides, Safety Tips, Special Education.
- School Reports: NCLB Report Cards, School Performance Framework.
- General District Information: DPS curriculum, School satisfaction survey.
- Community Resources: Denver Public Library, Child Care resources, Volunteers Programs
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Denver Public Schools. We require all volunteers to complete an application and background check. You may select the links below to open the necessary forms, or contact the Volunteer Services Office at the following address in order to receive your forms.
1350 E. 33rd Ave
Denver, CO 80205-3924
Please mail or fax your completed application to the Volunteer Services Office. Once your application packet has been received, you will receive a return phone call to discuss your interests.
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Intergenerational Volunteer Opportunities
- Property Tax Credit Program
- Training Schedule
- Community Study Hall Tutoring
- Spellbinders Storytellers
- Whiz Kids
- Chess Clubs
– Do you want to volunteer at MSLA? Please contact: